The Privacy of our customers is a deep affair for us. In this policy, we explain to you:
- what kind of personal data we collect;
- how and what for we use personal information;
- how we protect it and keep it secure;
- how long we store it;
- about the other companies we work with in delivering the online store services;
- about the cookies we use;
- about your rights and the options in terms of the protection of your privacy;
- and how to contact us in case of any query.
Iamfloorball.co.uk may change this policy from time to time to keep it up to date and to stay in line with applicable law. Because of this, you should check this policy from time to time to ensure that you agree the latest version of it.
In any case, under the specific ‘Data Protection Act 1998’ designed by the United Kingdom common jurisdiction, the Data Controller for any earned data is represented by Hoodrich.
Policy effective as of the 01 of September, the year 2018.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND WHAT DO WE USE IT FOR?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal data you give us such as your:
- contact information including email address;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers;
- list of cookies (see section COOKIES below).
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s:
- IP address;
- the date and time of the visit;
- period of time how long you remained on our website;
- the referral URL (the site from which the visitor has come);
- information about the device and browser (such as, browser type and version, operating system, etc).
We also remember what items you put in your bag.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. With your permission, we may send you emails with following content:
- about iamfloorball.co.uk online store;
- promotional emails about new products;
- notifications about special offers;
- to contact you for market research purposes;
- to inform about other updates.
When you provide us with personal data to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we use it to be able to complete those actions only and for no other purposes.
Providing this information is not a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, and you are not obliged to provide this personal data. If you do not provide a valid delivery address, we cannot complete your order, and if you do not provide a valid email address, we cannot provide you with status updates about your order.
If we ask for your personal data for another reason, like marketing, we will ask you directly for your expressed consent and use your information on that basis. There is no obligation to provide this information to complete your order.
To protect your personal data, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is sent encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Storage periods
We generally store information for up to three years. We may store (aggregated) data longer if needed for tax or accounting reasons.
- Transfer of your personal data
You should also know that your personal data may be transferred from your home country to another different country (it depends where the server is located)around the world or to our service providers. If you are an EU resident, this can mean that we also transfer data to countries that will offer an adequate level of protection for your personal data. When we transfer this data, we will do so only when we have put in place appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data.
- Sharing your personal data
We may disclose your personal data if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service. If our business is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
- Payment providers
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then the payment provider may store your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
There are different types of cookies with different uses. Some are there just to allow you to browse the website and see certain features. Some give us an idea on your browsing experience, i.e. when you have trouble finding what you are looking for, so we can improve and make your future visit as pleasant as possible. Here is a list of cookies and similar technologies that are used when you use our site or store. In particular, we may use following cookie types:
- _session_id. A unique number that is only stored for the duration of your shopping session. This allows us to store analytics information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc);
- _visit. No data is stored with this analytics cookie. It is used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits, and is deleted 30 minutes after your last visit;
- _uniq. No data is stored with this analytics cookie. It counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer and expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day.;
- cart. This is a functional cookie with a unique token. It stores information about the contents of your cart for 2 weeks;
- _secure_session_id. This is a functional cookie with a unique token. It is used to secure your shopping session, and is stored for the duration of your shopping session;
- storefront_digest. This is a functional cookie with a unique token. It is used to check if the current visitor has access if the shop has a password and it is stored for an indefinite duration.
You have the right to request access to your personal data that we process. You also have the right to:
- rectify incorrect personal data or erase it in certain circumstances;
- restrict or object to the processing of your personal data;
- receive your data so that you can use it elsewhere (data portability).
You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time but we would like to point out that this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing before the date that you withdrew your consent. You can withdraw your consent by unsubscribing from our newsletter.
We do not knowingly collect data from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child or guard has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at our email address. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you do not know who your supervisory authority is, please contact us and we will tell you.
If you have any questions about our use of your personal information, how to exercise your rights or about our privacy statement you are welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.